This Policy applies to the information obtained by us through your use of the Site, the Services, the Software (together, “Products”) and other Smartjac products and services.
As Smartjac evolves, we may need to update this Policy to keep pace with changes in our Products, our business and laws applicable to us and you; we will, however, always maintain our commitment to respect your privacy. We will email you (to your most recently provided email address) or post any revisions to this Policy, along with their effective date, in an easy to find area of the Site, so we recommend that you periodically check back here to stay informed of any changes. We will ask for your consent to such changes if required by applicable law.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
What Information Does Smartjac Collect About Me and Why?
We collect very little personal information about our users. A list of the “Personal Information” Smartjac may collect, and why we collect it, follows:
- Your name and your email address. This lets us create your account and to deliver and support our products and services. This information also helps us communicate with you about your use of our Products, product announcements and software updates, as well as respond to your requests for support. In addition, we may use your Personal Information to send you direct marketing emails and special offers, but only if you allow us to (opt-in). For more information, please see the section below entitled, “Will Smartjac Send Me Emails?”
- The geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices (as indicated by an IP address or similar identifier), and the language you select when interacting with our web pages.
- The Smartjac products and services you use. This information helps us deliver and support our Products and respond to your requests for assistance or support.
Our Sites collect and receive information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform within our pages, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system, word processing or other productivity software and browser type) and information obtained from cookies.
Will Smartjac Send Me Emails?
If you opted-in to receive our marketing Emails, we may want to contact you with information about product announcements, software updates and special offers. We also may want to contact you with information about products and services from our business partners. We consider your acceptance of this Policy as your acceptance of our offer to send you these emails. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within Smartjac newsletters. If you are a customer and have purchased products or services from us, You will continue to receive essential account-related and product-related information, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
Does Smartjac Provide Any Information to Third-Party Analytics Providers?
Does Smartjac Collect Information From Children?
INFORMATION ACCESS AND DISCLOSURE
Does Smartjac Share My Personal Information or User Content?
Smartjac is not in the business of selling or renting user information, and we only disclose information when:
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers who process data on our behalf, like in payment processing.
- We need to share your information with affiliated and unaffiliated service providers to fulfill your product or service requests.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of the Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate our Products.
- We determine that the access, preservation or disclosure of information is required or permitted by law to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Smartjac and users of our Products, or is required to comply with applicable laws, including compliance with warrants, court orders or other legal process.
- We need to do so in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of our business, as permitted by applicable law.
- Some third parties’ embedded content or plugins on our Products, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, may allow their operators to learn that you have visited the Site, and they may combine this information with other, identifiable information they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services.
We do not share your information with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you.
Does Smartjac Ever Make Any of My Personal Information or User Content Public?
DATA STORAGE AND TRANSFER
Where Is My Data Stored?
When you use our Websites, User Content you transmit will be stored on our servers, which are located in the United States. When you use the Software on your computing device, User Content you save will be stored locally on that device. If you are a customer or if you have asked for quotations we will have some data on you in our Internal CRM and billing systems.
How Secure Is My Data?
Smartjac is committed to protecting the security of your information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it.
We use industry standard encryption to protect your data in transit. This is commonly referred to as transport layer security (“TLS”) or secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology.
Once we receive your data, we protect it on our servers using a combination of administrative, physical and logical security safeguards.
If Smartjac learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on the Site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
What Happens If I Want to Stop Using Smartjac products and services?
You can stop using our Products and Services at any time. Residual copies of your Personal Information and deleted User Content may continue to exist on Smartjac’s back-up and archiving systems for up to one year due to the nature of those systems’ operations.
What Happens If Smartjac Closes My Account?
If Smartjac closes your account due to your violation of the Terms of Service, then you may contact Smartjac to request deletion of your data, and Smartjac will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
How Can I Contact Smartjac?